Now Hiring: Housekeeping Supervisor (Gili Trawangan, Indonesia)
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping Supervisor
REPORTS TO: General Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Hostel Housekeeping
About Mad Monkey Hostels
Mad Monkey Hostels is the leading socially responsible hostel operator started in Cambodia with properties in Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia and the Philippines.
With plans to further expand our operations in and beyond Southeast Asia over the next 3-5 years, we aim to be the leading socially responsible hostel company by number of beds worldwide by 2025.
Can you continue our quest to make our Mad Monkey brand a favourite city and island hotspot for accommodation, events, trips and parties with a difference?
We’re looking for someone with a shared passion and vision for developing us as a global leader in socially responsible travel and tourism, that positively leads our industry to a more sustainable and responsible future whilst creating stories, experiences, adventures and memories for our guests.
Main scope and purpose:
Responsibilities include organizing employee shifts, training and motivating team members and checking private and public areas for tidiness. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of sanitation regulations and team management abilities.
Ultimately, you will help ensure our daily housekeeping operations run smoothly and that guests are satisfied.
Perform regular cleaning activities to the highest standard to maintain workplace hygiene. Accomplish daily account reconciliations properly and efficiently.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Oversee staff on a daily basis
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas
- Ensure all rooms is ready on time and that guest can check in.
- Ensure excellent service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of the area.
- Keep staff busy and productive at all times.
- Ensure staff meets the standard of the cleanliness, addressing and correcting bad practice where needed.
- Maintain operation at a high standard.
- Actively responding to problems that arise and reporting of these problems.
- Monitor area cleanliness and workplace hygiene, take actions if necessary.
- Ensure all cleans materials, machines and utilities are well maintained and in good
Whist working for the Company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the Company, Guests and Team members. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the Company, unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Team Handbook for full policy details.
Requirements and other information
Applicant must speak English and have prior experience in this field.
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
How to Apply
This role will be based in Gili Trawangan, Indonesia. If you think you’re a good fit for this role, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please email the following to [email protected] with [Housekeeping Supervisor] in the subject line:
- A cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this job
- A resume outlining your relevant experience