Jobs in Asia: Kitchen Staff for Mad Monkey Cebu
Mad Monkey Hostels is fast-growing in the Philippines, with new hostel launches this 2018. We are now hiring for motivated and upbeat bartenders to work in our new location to open in Cebu City.
We are looking for a friendly, positive minded individual who wants to join the Mad Monkey team, somebody that wants to be a part of an exciting journey of growth and expansion, and somebody we can share future success with.
This position will report to the Head Chef.
Kitchen Staff Role
60% Cooking: Ensure food orders are prepared correctly and delivered in a timely, consistent, quality, presentable & safe manner. Ensure mise en place is prepared for the day of service, as well as all stocking is done correctly. Flexibility to adapt dishes according to customer needs. Ensuring a safe and clean work environment.
30% Hygiene & Cleaning duties: Perform regular cleaning activities to the highest standard. Maintain excellent personal and workplace hygiene.
10% Inventory and stocking: Monitor and make inventory and report on kitchen items that need reordering.
Kitchen Staff Internal Working Relationships
You will be working directly with the kitchen team to ensure timely turnaround of food orders.
Kitchen Staff Responsibilities
- Inform service staff and team members about special items and menu changes/availability
- Accuracy and consistency in the preparation of dishes
- Flexibility to adapt the menu according to customer preferences and dietary requirements
- Maintain a consistent and excellent standard of cleanliness in all aspects of the kitchen
- Maintain personal hygiene and grooming standards
- Attend all scheduled training and development sessions
- Follow and apply procedures, lessons, and information learned during training
Kitchen Staff Qualifications
- Filipino National
- Basic level and understanding of English
- Friendly, fun, and conducive attitude towards guests and employees
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Eager to learn and develop personal and professional skills
- Maintain proper attitude and ethics towards guests and employees
- Ability to work at a fast pace during peak hours
- Cultural understanding and flexibility in dealing with people from other cultures
Kitchen Staff Progression Path
Depending on your personal progress, dreams, dedication, attitude, and more, there are various paths of progression available. These can be both vertically and horizontally moving up to management / supervisory roles, such as kitchen supervisor, or in the future head chef of one of the new properties. From there progression opportunities will continue to arise with our dynamic expansion.
To apply, send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
About Mad Monkey Hostels
Mad Monkey Hostels is the largest youth travel operators and providers of accommodation and adventure tourism services in Asia.
Established in 2011 in Phnom Penh, the company has grown quickly and is now present in 11 locations, including Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kampot, and Koh Rong Samloem in Cambodia; Nacpan Beach, Cebu City and Boracay in the Philippines; Sydney in Australia; Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Pai in Thailand.
Mad Monkey Hostels is committed to creating positive changes in our communities. We are searching for the person with a shared passion and vision for developing a global leader in socially responsible travel and tourism that positively leads our industry to a more sustainable and responsible future.
To learn more about Mad Monkey Hostels, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube for more information.